Thursday, September 18, 2014

[Review] Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

Hello my awesome readers!

I have a new review for you today, about a product I can't live without. It's eye primer, this time from Etude House. Needless to say that I adore eye primers and I think they are the best thing ever invented because my eyelids get so oily throughout the day and that makes eyeshadows crease and apply really weird and sheer. Anyways, let's get down to business.

I used to swear by Avon's eyeshadow primer for which I have an extensive review and a Q&A section on eye primers, but since I tried this one, it has become my favourite.

I purchased it on Ebay for about 7$ or so (~5,50 euros). It is really affordable and it contains 10ml of product. It comes in a lil bottle type of container like that with a concealer type applicator. I cannot say that I am a fan of the packaging at all. I think a lot of product will be wasted this way cause it will stay around the bottle walls and also I won't probably be sure when I will need to buy a new one. I would totally prefer it to be in a squeeze tube, it would be so much better and more travel friendly. This one's cap is so long while the container itself is really small so it makes no sense to me to be honest.

I had no scent at all. Its colour is that of soft pinkish-fleshy type and it dries out almost clear. It doesn't have any coverage, so in case you want something opaque to cover any eyelid discolorations and darkness I wouldn't recommend it. 

It is a fantastic eyeshadow primer though. I grips the eyeshadow like magnet and oh my God, it doesn't crease at all!! I have tested it under various circumstances and it never failed me. I have worn it for more than 12h straight, while working out intensely (happens from time to time if I choose to workout right after I come back home from outside), in severe heat and humidity and it stayed put. I noticed some reaaaally minor breakdown after 12h but really I don't even consider it a flaw since my eyelids are super oily. I have never been so happy about a product before.

It also makes my eyeshadows pop no matter how bad quality they are and it also works great with stick eyeshadows. It makes everything slide and blend so easily but still adhere so well!


Some people said that it works like Urban Decay's primer potion. I have never tried that one, so I can't really say anything about that, but I suppose that they might be right. It is an excellent product, and I would definitelly recommend it to everyone, especially those of you with oily lids or those of you who are out of the house the whole day and you hate frequent touchups. I would guess you would need to touch up your eyeshadow only once throught the day (considering you wouldn't go home at all for a day). It is very inexpensive so even if it doesn't work for you (which I doubt) you wouldn't cry for the money you spent :P
I also use it on the lower lashline because it is super lightweight and it helps my eyeshadow and pencil not to smudge and smear.

So that's it for the eye primer, if you still have any questions don't hesitate to leave a comment down below :)
Ah! Also, follow me on Facebook ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment